Leovaunt Game Design

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Reference Sheets, what would like to see on them?

xhupi

As I and other people have mentioned, there is certainly room for reference sheets for quick player / GM references in Leo's Stracraft RPG.  Unfortunately I've been playing for so long that I have most of those memorized, so I can't remember exactly what all needs to be looked up frequently.  Here's my initial thoughts.

• Crippling wounds chart
  • Tactics, Leadership, Pilot, Lore basic (including talent/specialization?) combat augmentations
  • Combat Behaviors
  • Vehicle Damage Chart
  • Vehicle Relative Speed Chart
  • Psychic Overload Chart

June 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

xhupi

Also in what format would you like to see these?

• One page cheat sheet?
  • Several reference cards?
  • Origami Frogs?
June 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Saladin

Is it alright if I contribute?

I think if we are going to make reference sheets, it should't exactly be in a one page cheat sheet entirely, but it should also be organized and not be cluttered with too many pages either. Something that can be digested for any new GMs hoping to organize a new campaign. I was gonna suggest a flowchart, but that is probably the wrong path. I am not entirely sure on the matter, but I hope I can help out on what format would be most presentable.

--

~ Nobody dies in bed in the Koprulu Sector

June 24, 2017 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow Chorus

One of my players' suggestions was a quick-reference for Psychic powers, something like the spell lists in 3.5 D&D that provide a very brief descriptor of what the psychic power does so you have a basic idea before you go looking for the full rules.

A combat flowchart is definitely something that would help. A breakdown of what actions can be done on a turn, especially for the various types of attacks one can do, is almost vital.

Just an extra copy of the psychic overload chart and crippling wounds chart at the back of the book would be good.

A quick breakdown of skill uses and tables that are relevant.

I'll confer with my players next week to get a more solid list of what we think would be nice to have a quick-reference to.

June 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

xhupi

@Saladin just to verify I understand, but just like a quick reference on how simple actions, turns, and encounters flow?  If so, yeah, I think that could be a good thing for the top of the reference sheet.  I am thinking just a single two-sided sheet, does that sounds reasonable?

@ShadowChorus 

• I've talked to Leo about a quick one page breakdown of the psychic powers by discipline and PL in the psychic chapter, and he likes the idea
  • I'm thinking that actions (especially combat behaviours and combat augmentations) can be on a quick player reference
  • yup and yup
  • skill uses i would probably limit to just the charts on combat augmentations -- otherwise the skill chapter is pretty short and easy to get to what you need with bookmarks, otherwise the quick reference sheet stops being as quick.
Now I should note that I'm considering having the combat augmentations chart list ALL the combat augmentations available, but having like an asterisk beside options that you need a particular background/ specialization/ talent/ whatever to use.
June 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Saladin

xhupi at June 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM

@Saladin just to verify I understand, but just like a quick reference on how simple actions, turns, and encounters flow?  If so, yeah, I think that could be a good thing for the top of the reference sheet.  I am thinking just a single two-sided sheet, does that sounds reasonable?

@ShadowChorus 

• I've talked to Leo about a quick one page breakdown of the psychic powers by discipline and PL in the psychic chapter, and he likes the idea
  • I'm thinking that actions (especially combat behaviours and combat augmentations) can be on a quick player reference
  • yup and yup
  • skill uses i would probably limit to just the charts on combat augmentations -- otherwise the skill chapter is pretty short and easy to get to what you need with bookmarks, otherwise the quick reference sheet stops being as quick.
Now I should note that I'm considering having the combat augmentations chart list ALL the combat augmentations available, but having like an asterisk beside options that you need a particular background/ specialization/ talent/ whatever to use.

That does sound reasonable. I am still kinda indecisive on the process, but I'm sure I'll come up with a decision. In the meanwhile, sounds good at the moment.

--

~ Nobody dies in bed in the Koprulu Sector

July 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.